- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: Varied
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 heaping tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1. Beat the egg, salt, cocoa, and sugar together.
- 2. Pour milk in gradually and mi well.
- 3. Add gradually to flour mixture.
- 4. Cook over medium heat until thick.
- 5. Serve as you would syrup or molasses.
NotesA coworker who hailed from the south told me I needed to make chocolate gravy for my kids. I thought she'd lost her mind until I did a search and found many recipes for this concoction! I tried a couple of recipes and this is the one my kids liked the best. My son thought Mom had gone off the deep end, letting him have chocolate for breakfast!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More