- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Guinness, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the sour cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugar, flour, and baking soda. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet Guinness® mixture.
- Butter 24 muffin tins and divide the batter among the muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes until risen and set in the middle but still soft and tender. Cool before turning out of the tins.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.
- Top each cupcake with a heap of frosting and dust with cocoa.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More