- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine the butter, chocolate hazelnut spread, sugar, and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Add the hazelnuts and stir until just combined.
- Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, spacing the mounds about 4 inches apart. Use the tines of a fork to flatten the cookie dough. Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
NotesThis is a Giada De Laurentiis cooking with kids. I had never tried Nutella until this recipe but OMGOSH! It is so good!!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More