- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 oz of unsweetened high quality chocolate
- 3 TB butter for the fudge
- 1 cup light Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped and roasted Hazelnuts
- Combine the sugar, chocolate, 1 1/2 TB of butter, and the cream in a 2 1/2 - 3 quart Stainless Steel or Copper saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on a low heat while stirring with a wooden spoon until the sugar and chocolate are melted.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- After boiling, increase to medium-low heat and put a pre-heated thermometer in the pan.
- Cook until 236 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour into your mixing bowl, toss in the remaining butter and let the mixture cool to 110 degrees.
- Mix until the fudge is thick, smooth and doesn’t shine anymore.
- Stir in the Hazelnuts quickly and press into a wax paper lined 8x8 pan.
- Let cool to room temp; then refrigerate for a couple of hours until fully set.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1 inch pieces.
NotesFor more information on cooked Fudge and candy making basics, see Maple Cream Fudge Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More