- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 oz of unsweetened high quality chocolate
- 3 TB butter for the fudge
- 1 cup light Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped and roasted Hazelnuts
- Combine the sugar, chocolate, 1 1/2 TB of butter, and the cream in a 2 1/2 - 3 quart Stainless Steel or Copper saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on a low heat while stirring with a wooden spoon until the sugar and chocolate are melted.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- After boiling, increase to medium-low heat and put a pre-heated thermometer in the pan.
- Cook until 236 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour into your mixing bowl, toss in the remaining butter and let the mixture cool to 110 degrees.
- Mix until the fudge is thick, smooth and doesn’t shine anymore.
- Stir in the Hazelnuts quickly and press into a wax paper lined 8x8 pan.
- Let cool to room temp; then refrigerate for a couple of hours until fully set.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1 inch pieces.
NotesFor more information on cooked Fudge and candy making basics, see Maple Cream Fudge Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Growers' Giveback Potluck
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More