- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups peeled, chopped, and toasted hazelnuts
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 store bought pie crust, defrosted if frozen
- (or your favorite single pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 325º
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. In a separate bowl beat eggs until well mixed. Add to the dry ingredients the eggs, hazelnuts, chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir well. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool the tart for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- On her show, Giada cut the tart into squares to serve.
NotesRecipe from Everyday Italian-Giada DeLaurentiis
This recipe was part of her afternoon tea program on the Food Network. What a wonderful thought...tea anyone?
This is sounds like a great variation of pecan pie squares or tassies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
50 Shades of Taste
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More