- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed*
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER!® Spread
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso coffee or coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup whipping or heavy cream, heated to boiling
- *Use 1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted, instead of hazelnuts, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-inch cake pan and line bottom with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- In food processor or blender, process hazelnuts and 1/4 cup sugar until nuts are finely ground; set aside.
- In top of double boiler, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and 10 squares chocolate over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth; set aside and let cool.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture and espresso. Stir in hazelnut mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- In small bowl, pour hot cream over remaining 2 squares chocolate, chopped. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over torte to glaze. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 30 minutes.
- Note Torte may be frozen up to 1 month.
NotesCan chocolate torte be good for you? I think it can with this recipe which uses I can't Believe It's Not Butter spread. You can sub real butter if you want.