- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange sprinkles, or orange sugar
- 1 (9-ounce) package of chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped (recommended: Hershey's)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated. Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls. Rolls the balls in the orange sprinkles or orange sugar, pressing to adhere.
- Place the cookies on a heavy cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 3 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
- Makes 36-40 cookies.
NotesChocolate Hazelnut Witch Hat Cookies
From Giada De Laurentiis
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More