- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box Moist chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 5 oz. Evaporated milk
- 2 tsp.Vanilla extract
- 1 can Chocolate frosting
- Vegetable shortening
- Evaporated milk
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate frosting
- Oven Temp ~ Baking Time ~
- Pan Type ~ 9x13-inch pan
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package in a 9x13-inch pan. Chill cake thoroughly.
- Prepare filling mixture by creaming sugar, shortening, and butter. Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla. Cream till light and fluffy. Spread over chilled cake. Refrigerate until set.
- Melt chocolate frosting in microwave 30 seconds (until runny). Pour over cake and spread. Let set in refrigerator.
NotesAs a boy, I loved Hostess Ho Ho s, Twinkies and fruit Pies.
But through the years, I wondered if there was a way, to bake
with those things. I found a pudding using twinkies, then some time later,
I came up with this recipe, which uses Ho Ho s. It's so simple and friendly!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More