- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chocolate Glaze
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove pan from heat and add the chopped chocolate.
- Let stand for 1 minute then gently stir until chocolate is melted and the glaze is smooth. Gently stir in the vanilla.
- Transfer glaze to a small bowl and cover the surface of the glaze with plastic wrap and let cool for 5 minutes at room temperature before using.
- To glaze the cake:
- Place the chilled cake, still on the cake round, on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Slowly pour the hot glaze onto the center of the cake.
- Smooth the glaze over the top and sides, letting the excess drip onto the baking sheet.
- Scrape the extra glaze from the baking sheet and put it in a small ziploc bag.
- Seal the bag and cut a tiny hole in one of the bottom corners.
- Gently squeeze the bag over the top of the cake to drizzle the glaze in a decorative pattern. Refrigerate the cake at least one hour before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Get Cookin'See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More