- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 18 jumbo cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 TB espresso powder
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark...doesn't matter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350' F Grease 2 cookie sheets or cover with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix together. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- If you have an ice cream scoop....this is the perfect time to use it. Fill a cup with some warm water...dip the scoop in the cup and scoop out a blog of cookie dough (about 2 tablespoons worth is what we're going for) and drop unto the cookie sheet. Press each dough wad down with your fingertips....gently, to sorta flatten them out a little.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. You don't want to over bake them. If they're a bit soft when they first come out of the oven....that's normal.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Remove and allow the cookies to continue to cool on a wire rack.
NotesIf you want to eat something sweet that makes your taste buds sing like an angel and all your senses and awareness of space and time are focused on the flavors dancing on your tongue....then these are the cookies for you.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More