- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (4oz) Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- Break the Unsweetened chocolate up into small bits to foster even melting (I've used Ghiradelli before, but I think Baker's actually works better for this)
- Melt the chocolate over low heat (or in a double boiler) so it does not scorch then set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together and set aside. (You can omit the Baking Powder and Salt by using Self Rising Flour - in the amount of 2 cups plus 1 TB - cause the are already mixed in)
- Place Sugar, Butter, Vanilla and the cooled melted Chocolate in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Blend until homogeneous but don't try to "cream" it all together until "light and fluffy" or you will end up with cake instead of a cookie.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well before adding the next one.
- Stir in the Flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and chill it for at least 3 hours or it will be uber-sticky and impossible to work with.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl and begin dropping the dough in by teaspoonfuls.
- Coat them well and then roll into balls; placing them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve on a festive plate for Santa..... (with a glass of Milk, of course)
NotesOne of those childhood memories is now surfacing as the Christmas holiday approaches at what seems like the speed of light (YIKES! how many more days of shopping insanity are left?) Those memories are all about the wondrous parade of holiday treats that marched from the kitchens of my Mom, Gramma and Great Gramma. One of those favorite childhood cookies that always comes to mind is the Chocolate Krinkle.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More