- Cooking Time: 15 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 18 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, macadamia nuts, sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Add the egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until set and dry to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cookie in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
NotesI love coconut, chocolate and macadamia nuts, so in my effort to come up with the taste of my favorite candy bar, Almond Joy, I created this recipe. To make them more like a candy bar, I dipped the bottoms into chocolate. This has become my family's signature Christmas cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More