- Cooking Time: 15 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 18 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, macadamia nuts, sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Add the egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until set and dry to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cookie in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
NotesI love coconut, chocolate and macadamia nuts, so in my effort to come up with the taste of my favorite candy bar, Almond Joy, I created this recipe. To make them more like a candy bar, I dipped the bottoms into chocolate. This has become my family's signature Christmas cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More