CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS
- Cooking Time: 8 to 12
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white chocolate baking bar cut into 1/2" chunks or 1 cup white vanilla chips
- 1 3 1/2 ounce jar macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy.
Add almond extract and egg; blend well.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in white chocolate chunks and nuts.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes or until set.
Cool 1 minute.
Remove from cookie sheets.