- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 cups malted milk ball candies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge topping
- Additional malted milk ball candies, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 9x3 or 10x2 3/4 inches, with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until well blended.
- Immediately pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread 1 cup fudge topping over cake; freeze about 1 hour or until topping is firm.
- In large bowl, mix ice cream and coarsely chopped candies; spread over cake.
- Freeze about 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove side of pan; place cake on serving plate.
- Top with whipped cream. Melt 1/4 cup fudge topping; drizzle over whipped cream.
- Garnish with additional candies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
culinary karmaSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More