- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons shortening (I use spectrum organic)
- 8 tablespoons butter flavored shortening *You can use all butter, but these cookies have the best texture with the shortening.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate malt powder - I use Carnation Chocolate Malt Powder
- 2 cups M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortenings together. Add sugars and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add in the vanilla. Beat until incorporated. Add the malt powder and slowly mix until combined. Add the flour gradually and mix until just combined. Stir in M&Ms. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake until golden and almost completely set in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets about 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to completely cool.
- Recipe from blog,Culinary in the Desert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More