- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream,divided
- 12 chocolate covered malted
- 5 oz. chocolate covered malted milk balls (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. coffee extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookie crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Place 5 oz. of malted milk balls in food processor; pulse until finely crushed. (You should have about 1 cup).
- Add 1/2 cup of the crushed malted milk balls to the cookie crumbs. Reserve remaining 1/2 cup for filling.
- Stir butter into crumb mixture. Press into bottom and half way up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and firm.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Gently melt milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate in a medium bowl set over saucepan of simmering water (double boiler), bowl should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of cream, malted milk powder, vanilla and coffee extracts, stir until powder is dissolved, then fold mixture into the chocolate mixture until smooth and cool to room temperature.
- In large mixing bowl, beat remaining 2 cups of cream at medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Stir about 1 cup of whipped cream into chocolate mixture, folk chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream until blended.
- Fold in reserved 1/2 cup crushed malted milk balls.
- Spoon mousse into crust, smoothing the top.
- Decorate top with remaining 12 malted milk balls, spacing them around the edge of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours to set.
- To serve, run a knife around the side of the pan to separate mousse from the pan; remove sides of pan gently.
- Cut into wedges.
NotesIf you like chocolate malts you'll love this mousse cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More