- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream,divided
- 12 chocolate covered malted
- 5 oz. chocolate covered malted milk balls (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. coffee extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookie crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Place 5 oz. of malted milk balls in food processor; pulse until finely crushed. (You should have about 1 cup).
- Add 1/2 cup of the crushed malted milk balls to the cookie crumbs. Reserve remaining 1/2 cup for filling.
- Stir butter into crumb mixture. Press into bottom and half way up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and firm.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Gently melt milk chocolate and bittersweet chocolate in a medium bowl set over saucepan of simmering water (double boiler), bowl should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of cream, malted milk powder, vanilla and coffee extracts, stir until powder is dissolved, then fold mixture into the chocolate mixture until smooth and cool to room temperature.
- In large mixing bowl, beat remaining 2 cups of cream at medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Stir about 1 cup of whipped cream into chocolate mixture, folk chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream until blended.
- Fold in reserved 1/2 cup crushed malted milk balls.
- Spoon mousse into crust, smoothing the top.
- Decorate top with remaining 12 malted milk balls, spacing them around the edge of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours to set.
- To serve, run a knife around the side of the pan to separate mousse from the pan; remove sides of pan gently.
- Cut into wedges.
NotesIf you like chocolate malts you'll love this mousse cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More