- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 7 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 65g good-quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease an 8cm x 22cm (1-litre capacity) terrine. Line with plastic wrap, leaving the excess to hang over the sides.
- Use an electric mixer to beat yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn't touch the water). Add chocolate and whisk for 5-6 minutes until melted. Add butter one piece at a time, whisking between each addition until melted. Remove from heat and fold in cocoa.
- Beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold a little cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in remainder until combined. Pour into terrine, fold over plastic wrap to cover, then refrigerate overnight
- Turn out terrine, cut into slices and top with strawberries and creme anglaise.
NotesThis is a recipe that I have successfully mastered, recreating it time and time again to everyones delight.
It's light but rich, no baking required and it's just delicious!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More