- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe that I have successfully mastered, recreating it time and time again to everyones delight.
It's light but rich, no baking required and it's just delicious!!
- 7 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 65g good-quality cocoa powder, sifted
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease an 8cm x 22cm (1-litre capacity) terrine. Line with plastic wrap, leaving the excess to hang over the sides.
- Use an electric mixer to beat yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn't touch the water). Add chocolate and whisk for 5-6 minutes until melted. Add butter one piece at a time, whisking between each addition until melted. Remove from heat and fold in cocoa.
- Beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold a little cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in remainder until combined. Pour into terrine, fold over plastic wrap to cover, then refrigerate overnight
- Turn out terrine, cut into slices and top with strawberries and creme anglaise.