CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW CRUMBLE BARS
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
Cream together sugar and butter until fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, walnuts, cocoa and baking powder; Stir into butter mixture and spread in the bottom of prepared baking pan.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over top; bake for 3 minutes to melt. Remove from oven and let it cool down.
Combine chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in cereal and salt and mix gently to combine. Spread the mixture over the marshmallow layer; let them cool down before cutting into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 18 bars