- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces unsalted Parve (Passover) margarine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- I cup chopped pecans or slivered almonds
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Line the cookie sheet evenly with matzos, breaking and adding pieces as necessary to fill pan
- Melt margarine with brown sugar and salt in saucepan, stirring constantly until it begins to boil. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Pour this mixture over matzos and sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the matzos. After they melt (in about 4 or 5 minutes), spread as evenly as possible over surface.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour. Break matzo into random sizes and shapes before serving. Nosh!
It's all about that protein
MetroCooking DC 2013
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More