- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased and floured layer cake pans (or a 9- x 13-inch pan). Bake at 350°F. for about 25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- If using layer cake pans, cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely. If baking in 9x13 pan, allow to cool completely. Optional: Frost as desired.
NotesI made this for my husband's birthday this year when I discovered I didn't have enough eggs for the recipe I typically use. It is a wonderfully moist, delicious cake with or without icing.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Koken met Oma
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More