- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased and floured layer cake pans (or a 9- x 13-inch pan). Bake at 350°F. for about 25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- If using layer cake pans, cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely. If baking in 9x13 pan, allow to cool completely. Optional: Frost as desired.
NotesI made this for my husband's birthday this year when I discovered I didn't have enough eggs for the recipe I typically use. It is a wonderfully moist, delicious cake with or without icing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More