- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryI made this for my husband's birthday this year when I discovered I didn't have enough eggs for the recipe I typically use. It is a wonderfully moist, delicious cake with or without icing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Cream together the sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased and floured layer cake pans (or a 9- x 13-inch pan). Bake at 350°F. for about 25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- If using layer cake pans, cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely. If baking in 9x13 pan, allow to cool completely. Optional: Frost as desired.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More