- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Gold Cake Mix
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar Smucker's Milky Way Ice Cream Topping
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans (enough to cover top of cake)
- ½ bag Heath Almond toffee bits
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Combine the dry cake mix with the cocoa. Then, follow the remainder of the directions for making the cake. You will use the amount of eggs, butter, and water called for on the box.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 pan per the directions on the cake mix box.
- Remove cake from the oven and prick holes in the top of it with a fork. Gradually pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake slow enough to allow it to soak into the cake.
- Microwave the ice cream topping for about 30 seconds so it will be easier to use. Pour it evenly across the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the ice cream topping. Sprinkle the toffee bits on next. Let cake cool some, and then spread with Cool Whip.
NotesThis cake is rich, but it is still hard not to eat just one piece!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More