- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis cake is rich, but it is still hard not to eat just one piece!
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Gold Cake Mix
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar Smucker's Milky Way Ice Cream Topping
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans (enough to cover top of cake)
- ½ bag Heath Almond toffee bits
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- Combine the dry cake mix with the cocoa. Then, follow the remainder of the directions for making the cake. You will use the amount of eggs, butter, and water called for on the box.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 pan per the directions on the cake mix box.
- Remove cake from the oven and prick holes in the top of it with a fork. Gradually pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake slow enough to allow it to soak into the cake.
- Microwave the ice cream topping for about 30 seconds so it will be easier to use. Pour it evenly across the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the ice cream topping. Sprinkle the toffee bits on next. Let cake cool some, and then spread with Cool Whip.