- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Mint extract
- ½ cup Flour, unbleached
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder, double-acting
- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- Nonpareils, multi-colored (red, green & white great for Christmas)
- 2 teaspoon Water
- Beat butter until soft; gradually add sugar and blend until creamy.
- Mix in beaten egg and extracts.
- Stir salt and baking powder into flour; stir into butter/sugar mixture.
- Melt chocolate in water over a double-boiler; add to dough.
- Form into a long roll approximately 2" - 3" wide.
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Slice dough 1/4" thick and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils and press in slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on rack.
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Recipes for Vitality
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More