- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Mint extract
- ½ cup Flour, unbleached
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder, double-acting
- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- Nonpareils, multi-colored (red, green & white great for Christmas)
- 2 teaspoon Water
- Beat butter until soft; gradually add sugar and blend until creamy.
- Mix in beaten egg and extracts.
- Stir salt and baking powder into flour; stir into butter/sugar mixture.
- Melt chocolate in water over a double-boiler; add to dough.
- Form into a long roll approximately 2" - 3" wide.
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Slice dough 1/4" thick and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils and press in slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on rack.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More