- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine the brown sugar and next 5 ingredients (brown sugar through peppermint extract) in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the egg white. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended.
- Coat your hands lightly with cooking spray. Shape the dough into a 6-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More