- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine the brown sugar and next 5 ingredients (brown sugar through peppermint extract) in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the egg white. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended.
- Coat your hands lightly with cooking spray. Shape the dough into a 6-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More