CHOCOLATE MINT DESSERT
- Cooking Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1Cup AP flour
- 1/2 Cup( 1 stick) butter
- 4 Eggs
- 11/2 cups Hershey Syrup
- Mint center ( recipe follows)
- Mint cream center ; Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup( 1 stick) softened butter and 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe ( or 1 Tablespoon water plus 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon mint extract and 3 drops green food coloring may be substituted for creme de menthe) in medium bowl; beat til smooth.
- Chocolate Glaze(recipe follows)
- Chocolate Glaze; Melt 6 tablespoons butter and 1 cip Hershey semmi sweet chips in small saucepan over very low heat. remove heat; stir until smooth. cool slightly.
Heat oven to 350F Grease 13x9x2 baking pan.
Combine flour, sugar ,butter, eggs,and syrup in a large bowl; beat until smooth. pour batter into prepared greased pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread MINT CREAM CENTER ( recipe above) over cake. Cover ; refrigerate. Pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE over chilled dessert. Cover : refridgerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cover , refridgerate leftover dessert.
It was fun to make and very good!
Website Credit: http://www.HERSHEYSKITCHEN.com