CHOCOLATE MINT ICE CREAM PIE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 gallon chocolate chip mint ice cream..yes, you can use 1/2 the fat ones like Edy's 1/2 lite...that's the one I use- softened, make sure it is.
- 1/2 cup hot fudge topping
- 2 TB. creme de menthe liquor
- 1 Keebler graham cracker pie crust
- 10 Andes mint candies
- Mix hot fudge topping with the creme de menthe liquor. Stir well. You may add more or less liquor depending on your taste.
- Next, take about 1/2 the gallon of ice cream and place it into the pie crust. Smooth it out. Don't worry if it isn't perfect...it will be covered up anyway.
- Then cover ice cream with the topping mixture.
- Finally, place the rest of the ice cream over the topping. (If it is melting to fast put it in the freezer for 5-10 min.) Smooth the top and place broken Andes mint candies on top.
- Cover and put in the freezer several hours or overnight.
NotesI've made this pie many times. It's a easy one to make and a wonderful one for the summertime!
You can make this recipe with many different ice creams and toppings. Another great one is gingerbread icecream with caramel topping for the holidays. Enjoy! :) Donna
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More