- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until crumbly. Add egg; beat for 1 minute.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture. Add milk and mix well. (Dough will be sticky.) With lightly floured hands, roll dough into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until edges are set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Beat in extract, food coloring if desired and milk. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
NotesThese cute sandwich cookies would be a pretty and popular addition to any holiday goodie tray.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More