- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryThese cute sandwich cookies would be a pretty and popular addition to any holiday goodie tray.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until crumbly. Add egg; beat for 1 minute.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture. Add milk and mix well. (Dough will be sticky.) With lightly floured hands, roll dough into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until edges are set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Beat in extract, food coloring if desired and milk. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Sharing Christmas with Friends
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More