- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups strong brewed coffee, cooled
- Filling: 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1 tbsp strong brewed coffee 3/4 cup heavy cream 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. Prepare 2 muffins tins, either line with cupcake papers or grease.
- 2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl and mix with whisk.
- In another bowl beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until creamy. Add the flour mixture to wet ingredients beating just until incorporated. Mix in coffee until smooth (don't over-mix).
- 3. Fill prepared tins with batter 2/3 full. Bake at 350F for 22-24 minutes, until tester comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely.
- 4. To make filling: combine chocolate chips and coffee in a double boiler of simmering water. Stir until melted, let this mixture cool slightly.
- 5. In a large bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the melted chocolate just until well blended.
- 6. Cut out a cone shape about 3/4" thick from the top of the cup cake. Take the tip off of this.
- 7. With pastry bag and tip fill each cupcake with filling and place the cut out cones on top. Place in frig to chill.
- 8. Make Icing: In a double boiler heat cream until just starting to simmer. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. I added icing sugar to this and made an icing. Maybe about a cup or so until it is the thickness you wish. Janet is hungry made a glaze. Once the cream and chocolate were melted she dipped the cupcakes in this mixture.
- Also can be seen http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/
NotesOne of my co-workers had a birthday in December. I decided to try these cupcakes I found at Janet is Hungry, they looked like they would be delicious and they were. Everyone liked them at work.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Adventures in Cooking
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More