- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar (divided)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- 2. Separate eggs, put whites in a large bowl and yolks in a small one.
- 3. Add vanilla to egg whites and beat with mixer to soft peaks then gradually add ½-cup sugar; beat until stiff.
- 4. Beat yolks until lemony and thick then gradually beat in ¼-cup sugar; fold yolks into egg whites.
- 5. In a large cup, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; fold into egg mixture.
- 6. Grease and flour a 15” x 10” jellyroll pan; spread mixture evenly on jellyroll pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes (test for doneness).
- 7. Spread a towel on the table and cover thoroughly with powdered sugar; turn out cake immediately onto towel and roll up cake and towel together (starting at narrow end).
- 8. Place on a rack to cool well.
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 1. Combine milk, sugar, flour, coffee, and salt in a saucepan; cook over low-medium heat to thicken, stirring constantly (gets lumpy easily).
- - 4 -
- Mom’s VVG+ Dessert Recipes
- 2. Remove pan from heat and add about one-half of the mixture to the slightly beaten egg yolk; blend well.
- 3. Add egg yolk mixture to pan and heat 1 minute.
- 4. Remove pan from heat and add the butter, vanilla, and pecans; cover well with plastic wrap and cool.
- 5. Unroll cake and spread with filling; re-roll carefully and place on oblong platter.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, slivered
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, chocolate, and salt in a saucepan; cook over low-medium heat until it just begins to thicken.
- 2. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 3. While still hot, pour about one-half to two-thirds of the glaze over the top and sides of the cake roll; chill several hours.
- 4. Before serving, warm the remainder of the glaze and spoon over individual pieces on plates.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More