- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup sugar (divided)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- 2. Separate eggs, put whites in a large bowl and yolks in a small one.
- 3. Add vanilla to egg whites and beat with mixer to soft peaks then gradually add ½-cup sugar; beat until stiff.
- 4. Beat yolks until lemony and thick then gradually beat in ¼-cup sugar; fold yolks into egg whites.
- 5. In a large cup, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; fold into egg mixture.
- 6. Grease and flour a 15” x 10” jellyroll pan; spread mixture evenly on jellyroll pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes (test for doneness).
- 7. Spread a towel on the table and cover thoroughly with powdered sugar; turn out cake immediately onto towel and roll up cake and towel together (starting at narrow end).
- 8. Place on a rack to cool well.
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 1. Combine milk, sugar, flour, coffee, and salt in a saucepan; cook over low-medium heat to thicken, stirring constantly (gets lumpy easily).
- - 4 -
- Mom’s VVG+ Dessert Recipes
- 2. Remove pan from heat and add about one-half of the mixture to the slightly beaten egg yolk; blend well.
- 3. Add egg yolk mixture to pan and heat 1 minute.
- 4. Remove pan from heat and add the butter, vanilla, and pecans; cover well with plastic wrap and cool.
- 5. Unroll cake and spread with filling; re-roll carefully and place on oblong platter.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, slivered
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, chocolate, and salt in a saucepan; cook over low-medium heat until it just begins to thicken.
- 2. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 3. While still hot, pour about one-half to two-thirds of the glaze over the top and sides of the cake roll; chill several hours.
- 4. Before serving, warm the remainder of the glaze and spoon over individual pieces on plates.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More