- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHere is a recipe I found for Chocolate Mousse from AllRecipes.com
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cooled chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.