CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares
- unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant
- chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for two 9-inch layers. Cool and remove from pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Gradually stir in the water, then instant pudding until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator, and stir to loosen. Fold in whipped cream and return to the refrigerator for at least another hour.
- Place one layer of cake onto a serving plate. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the mousse, then cover with the remaining cake layer. Frost with the remaining mousse, and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with fresh fruit or chocolate shavings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More