- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chocolate, bananas, and coconut - YUM! Needs at least 4 hours chilling. Looks very pretty in crystal wine glasses. From Debra Fioritto Weber, Your Guide to French Cuisine at about.com.
- Banana Puree:
- 2 lbs bananas, peeled & cut into large pieces (about 4)
- 1 cup champagne or other sparkling white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Chocolate Mousse:
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Grated coconut
- Place the banana pieces, champagne and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a gentle simmer and cook, partially covered for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler and melt it over gently simmering water.
- Stir until melted and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl over simmering water and whisk until the mixture is warm.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to whisk until the mixture is pale & thick.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Place the cream in a cold stainless steel bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate mixture.
- To serve:.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the banana purée in individual serving dishes.
- Top with about 1/2 cup of the chocolate mousse and sprinkle with the coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve - up to 4 hours in advance
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More