- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1/1/2 cups heavy whipping cre
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored; gradually beat in sugar.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat just until hot.
- Gradually stir at least half of the hot cream into egg yolk mixture, then stir back into hot cream in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil).
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl on high speed until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pipe or spoon mixture into dessert dishes or stemmed glasses.
- Refrigerate until serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
NotesThis recipe comes from 'Betty Crocker's Cookbook'. Photo is from bettycrocker.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More