- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4oz bar of high-quality dark chocolate (7 of the 8 squares)
- 10oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup extra-fine granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Chocolate shavings, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Amaretto or other liqueur (optional)
- -Break the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- -In a small saucepan, heat half of the cream until it begins to boil
- *Note: this happens faster if you preheat the saucepan before adding the cream*
- -Turn off the heat, add the chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- -Pour the mixture into a bowl set over a large bowl of iced water and add the rest of the cream and Amaretto, if using.
- -Using a hand-held electric whisk, beat the mixture to soft peaks. Remove the bowl from the iced water.
- -Separate egg white into a bowl
- -Whisk the egg white with a hand-held electric beater until stiff peak.
- -Add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue whisking to a soft meringue.
- -Carefully fold the meringue through the chocolate mixture, then spoon or pipe into chilled serving glasses.
- -Top with chocolate shavings or cookies or mint sprigs!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More