- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 4oz bar of high-quality dark chocolate (7 of the 8 squares)
- 10oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup extra-fine granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Chocolate shavings, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Amaretto or other liqueur (optional)
- -Break the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- -In a small saucepan, heat half of the cream until it begins to boil
- *Note: this happens faster if you preheat the saucepan before adding the cream*
- -Turn off the heat, add the chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- -Pour the mixture into a bowl set over a large bowl of iced water and add the rest of the cream and Amaretto, if using.
- -Using a hand-held electric whisk, beat the mixture to soft peaks. Remove the bowl from the iced water.
- -Separate egg white into a bowl
- -Whisk the egg white with a hand-held electric beater until stiff peak.
- -Add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and continue whisking to a soft meringue.
- -Carefully fold the meringue through the chocolate mixture, then spoon or pipe into chilled serving glasses.
- -Top with chocolate shavings or cookies or mint sprigs!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More