- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, keep warm.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks, keep chilled.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the first amount of granulated sugar over a double boiler and heat until the sugar dissolves (approximately 115 degrees).
- Transfer the yolks to an electric mixer with a whip attachment. Whip the yolks on high speed until 3x's the original volume, light in color and holds ribbon.
- When the yolks are close to finish; start whisking the egg whites with the second amount of granulated sugar. Whip to a firm peak.
- When the entire mise en place is ready, fold the warm chocolate into the egg yolk base.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Fold in the heavy cream.
NotesFrom my pastry arts class.