- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, keep warm.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks, keep chilled.
- Whisk the egg yolks and the first amount of granulated sugar over a double boiler and heat until the sugar dissolves (approximately 115 degrees).
- Transfer the yolks to an electric mixer with a whip attachment. Whip the yolks on high speed until 3x's the original volume, light in color and holds ribbon.
- When the yolks are close to finish; start whisking the egg whites with the second amount of granulated sugar. Whip to a firm peak.
- When the entire mise en place is ready, fold the warm chocolate into the egg yolk base.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Fold in the heavy cream.
NotesFrom my pastry arts class.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More