- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom has made this since I can remember and it's one of the first recipes that I learned to make. So it makes sense that it's the first recipe that I put in. It is one of the easiest and best desserts that I've ever had, and even now this is the best chocolate mousse that I've ever had. Beware-extremely rich!
Ideas: Make a double recipe and put into a store-bought chocolate pie crust and chill until firm. Or pour mousse into Reynolds Fun Shapes baking cups the night before, and place in the freezer. The next morning, peel off baking cups and place on plate and decorate for a fancy presentation. Hearts are great for Valentine's Day.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 pkg (4 squares) Baker's semisweet baking chocolate
- 3 eggs
- Cut butter into approx 1 Tbs slices.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Drop butter 1-2 pieces at a time into food processor while pulsing, until all of the butter is in.
- Add sugar slowly while pulsing for 30 sec (about 1 pulse per second).
- Add chocolate in same manner, pulsing for 30 seconds.
- Scrape sides of food processor.
- Add one egg at a time pulsing for 30 seconds after each egg.
- Scrape sides and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Pour into cups and put in the refrigerator until chilled and firm.