CHOCOLATE OATMEAL BARS
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Servings: About 1 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: About 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg and vanilla.
Add the flour and oats.
Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on a wire rack for 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with the chips.
When melted, spread the chocolate over the bars.
Top with the nuts.
Cut into bars.