- Cooking Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Servings: About 1 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: About 10 minutes
BackstoryTaste Of Home - Donna Gonda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and oats.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chips.
- When melted, spread the chocolate over the bars.
- Top with the nuts.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.