- Cooking Time: 20-22 minutes
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 t baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 12 oz (about 2 cups) chocolate chips, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Scrape bowl and mix again briefly.
- Add flour, baking powder, dash of salt and cinnamon, mixing well. Scrape bowl.
- Mix in oatmeal and 6 oz. (about 1 cup) of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in a 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle the remaining 6 oz of chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes. When done, the edges of the brownies should be brown but the middle will look a bit “blonde" still and seem not quite all the way baked. Remove pan from oven; the middle will brown up as it cools.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.
NotesI don't know the history of this recipe, except that it has been in my family for as long as I can remember and it's one of the first I made sure I took with me when I moved from home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
The Social Cookbook
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Mexican Wedding Cakes
Classic Beef Stew
chocolate peanut butter cream cheese fillingSee More