- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24-30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 stick margarine, butter works best
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melt margarine in medium size pan.
- Add sugar, cocoa and milk. Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute. Take off burner and add vanilla and peanut butter, stirring until peanut butter is dissolved.
- Add oats and stir until well mixed. Drop by spoon full on waxed paper and let cool. Makes about 23-30 cookies.
NotesThese are the famous no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies we would get in elementary school. I've seen many variations of this recipe but this one is perfection.
Simple Recipes that Work
Get Fit With Good Food!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More