- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for greasing muffin cups
- 12 chocolate wafers such as Nabisco Famous (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup well-chilled heavy cream
- Special equipment:
- nonstick mini-muffin pan with 12 (1/8-cup) muffin cups
- bittersweet chocolate shavings (made with a vegetable peeler)
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter muffin cups.
- Grind wafers to a fine powder in a food processor.
- Mix together wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with a rubber spatula until combined well.
- Divide crumbs among muffin cups, then firmly press onto bottom and a little up side of each cup with your fingertips or with bottom of an 1/8-cup measure by twisting measure.
- Bake 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack and cool in muffin pan 10 minutes.
- Gently rotate crusts with your fingertips to loosen and turn out onto rack.
- Beat together cream cheese, zest, and remaining brown sugar (3 tablespoons plus 1/3 teaspoon) with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Beat cream in another bowl with cleaned beaters until it just holds stiff peaks. Stir about one third of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture to lighten, then gently fold in remaining whipped cream until just combined.
- Mound filling into crusts with a spoon (or pipe filling into crusts with a pastry bag) and serve, or chill until ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More