- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 45-50 cookies
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryVery nice, fragrant cookies, that go so well with tea, coffee or a glass of milk. They have light, crispy texture, and they simply melt in the mouth.
- 400 g AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 180 g butter (at room temp.)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 60+60 g dark chocolate
- 1 TBspoon grated orange zest
- a pinch of salt
- Turn on the oven to 180°C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, the baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Cream the butter with sugar, add the egg and mix shortly (do not overmix).
- Add 60 g grated chocolate and the finely grated orange zest.
- Slowly add the flour and mix till you get the soft dough.
- Turn it on a floured kneading board and knead shortly until smooth.
- Form a roll and divide into equal parts (45-50).
- Roll each piece into a thin roll, 15 cm long.
- Fold it in two and make two or three turns to form a knot.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the baked cookies cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt the remaining 60 g of dark chocolate, and dip the top of the knot. Let the chocolate set completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.