- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 45-50 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 400 g AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 180 g butter (at room temp.)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 60+60 g dark chocolate
- 1 TBspoon grated orange zest
- a pinch of salt
- Turn on the oven to 180°C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, the baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Cream the butter with sugar, add the egg and mix shortly (do not overmix).
- Add 60 g grated chocolate and the finely grated orange zest.
- Slowly add the flour and mix till you get the soft dough.
- Turn it on a floured kneading board and knead shortly until smooth.
- Form a roll and divide into equal parts (45-50).
- Roll each piece into a thin roll, 15 cm long.
- Fold it in two and make two or three turns to form a knot.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the baked cookies cool on a cooling rack.
- Melt the remaining 60 g of dark chocolate, and dip the top of the knot. Let the chocolate set completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.
NotesVery nice, fragrant cookies, that go so well with tea, coffee or a glass of milk. They have light, crispy texture, and they simply melt in the mouth.