- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 thawed puff pastry sheet (from a 17 1/4-ounce package of frozen puff pastry sheets)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F and lightly butter a baking sheet.
- Chop chocolate and in a small bowl stir together with zest.
- In another small bowl lightly beat egg.
- Trim any uneven edges from pastry sheet and cut into 4 squares.
- Brush edges of pastry squares with some egg.
- Put one fourth chocolate mixture on center of each pastry square and fold each square diagonally in half, forming triangles.
- Seal edges by gently pressing together and crimp decoratively.
- Brush tops of turnovers with egg and sprinkle with sugar. With a sharp knife cut a small steam vent in top of each turnover.
- On baking sheet bake turnovers in middle of oven until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool turnovers slightly on a rack.
- Serve turnovers warm.
NotesThese are so easy to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More