- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 thawed puff pastry sheet (from a 17 1/4-ounce package of frozen puff pastry sheets)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F and lightly butter a baking sheet.
- Chop chocolate and in a small bowl stir together with zest.
- In another small bowl lightly beat egg.
- Trim any uneven edges from pastry sheet and cut into 4 squares.
- Brush edges of pastry squares with some egg.
- Put one fourth chocolate mixture on center of each pastry square and fold each square diagonally in half, forming triangles.
- Seal edges by gently pressing together and crimp decoratively.
- Brush tops of turnovers with egg and sprinkle with sugar. With a sharp knife cut a small steam vent in top of each turnover.
- On baking sheet bake turnovers in middle of oven until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool turnovers slightly on a rack.
- Serve turnovers warm.
NotesThese are so easy to make!
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More