Chocolate Orange and Bourbon Milkshake
For the milkshake
• 500ml tub Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate Orange ice cream
• 120ml Bourbon Whiskey
• 1 pint of milk
• A few splashes of Angostura Bitters (optional)
For the chocolate and cream topping
• Whipped cream
• 4 long strips of orange peel, twisted
• 4 maraschino cherries
• Half a bar of Green & Black’s Organic Orange Chocolate, grated
• 4 jars to serve
• Scoop the Green and Black’s Chocolate Orange ice cream into a blender. Add the bourbon, milk and a couple of splashes of Angostura Bitters. Whizz up until smooth and fluffy.
• Pour the mixture equally into the four jars. Top with a good dollop of whipped cream and the cherry. Sprinkle the top with twisted orange peel and shavings of Green & Black’s Orange Chocolate to finish.
Pairs Well With
In place of the slightly dated Egg Nog, this delicious festive milkshake is the perfect tipple served in a flash for any Christmas occasion.
Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate Orange Ice Cream takes centre stage in this recipe, delivering an instant festive flavour hit. It lends deliciously with the Bourbon whilst balancing the sharpness of the maraschino cherries. The cream and chocolate topping brings an added Christmas luxury.