- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned(natural) chunky peanutbutter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup old-fashion(natural)chunky peanut butter
- 1 pound golden brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butermilk
- 1 1/2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- butterfinger candy bars, coarsely chopped
- glazed peanuts
- FOR FILLING: Bring cream and sugar to simmer in saucepan, whisking to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; let stand 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in peanut butter. Chill uncovered overnight.
- FOR CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter three 9" cake pans with 1 1/2 inch high sides. Line bottoms with parchment paper. Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixter, beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until blended. Beat in sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. At low speed, beat in flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions.
- Divide batter among pans and spread evenly. Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cakes 5 m inutes. Turn out onto racks, peel off parchment. Cool cakes completely.
- FOR FROSTING: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Whisk whipping cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar in bowl until mixture holds medium-firm peaks. Fold into cream cheese mixture in 3 addition. Chill until firm but spreadable, about 1 hour.
- Place 1 cake layer, bottom side up, on 9" tart pan bottom. Spread with half of filling. Place another layer, bottom side up on work surface. Spread with remaining filling, place atop first layer. Top with remaining cake layer, bottom side up.
- Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome; chill. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before continuing) Press candy and peanuts onto top of cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More