- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 25 min.
- Servings: 3 dozens
- Preparation Time: 50 min.
BackstoryHere's a must-try cookie treat that's reminiscent of a favorite sweet cereal snack with chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag; set aside. Place 12 cooled cookies in large bowl. Pour 1/3 of chocolate mixture over cookies in bowl. Using rubber spatula, toss cookies gently to coat. Place cookies in bag with powdered sugar; seal bag. Gently turn bag to coat cookies. Remove cookies from bag to cooling rack to set. Repeat with 12 more cookies and 1/2 of remaining chocolate mixture; repeat again until all cookies are coated, adding additional powdered sugar to bag as needed.