- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark broen sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream - divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter - softened
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 12 squares 1 ounce each bittersweet chocolate - chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsly chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup cream and yolks.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 deg. and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until thickened.
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add brown sugar mixture; beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into peanut butter mixture. Spoon into pan. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the glaze; in a large heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring frequently.
- remove from heat; add chocolate, whisk until smooth, set aside 1/3 cup glaze to cool.
- Place remaining glaze in a microwave safe bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spread cooled glaze over loaf, cover and freeze overnight.
- Using plastic wrap , lift loaf out of pan.
- Place chocolate side down on a wire rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1 in. pan.
- Discard plastic wrap.
- In microwave, warm refrigerated glaze, stir until smooth.
- Pour ovre loaf using spatula to completely cover top and sides.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, freeze until set.
NotesI discovered this recipe in a magazine. It is a lot of work but if you enjoy peanut butter flavored desserts it is well worth the time spent making it. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More