- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark broen sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream - divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter - softened
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 12 squares 1 ounce each bittersweet chocolate - chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsly chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup cream and yolks.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 deg. and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until thickened.
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add brown sugar mixture; beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into peanut butter mixture. Spoon into pan. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the glaze; in a large heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring frequently.
- remove from heat; add chocolate, whisk until smooth, set aside 1/3 cup glaze to cool.
- Place remaining glaze in a microwave safe bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spread cooled glaze over loaf, cover and freeze overnight.
- Using plastic wrap , lift loaf out of pan.
- Place chocolate side down on a wire rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1 in. pan.
- Discard plastic wrap.
- In microwave, warm refrigerated glaze, stir until smooth.
- Pour ovre loaf using spatula to completely cover top and sides.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, freeze until set.
NotesI discovered this recipe in a magazine. It is a lot of work but if you enjoy peanut butter flavored desserts it is well worth the time spent making it. Enjoy!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More