- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp chocolate syrup
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 packets of Nestle brand Butterfinger hot cocoa mix
- Over medium heat, warm milk.
- Add in peanut butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, chocolate syrup, and granulated sugar. Stir until all is combined.
- Then gently stir in cocoa mix.
- Once all is combined, let come mixture come to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Cool until mixture is about the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Then drizzle or glaze away!
- These measurements aren't exact, I sort of eyeballed some of them adjust as you see fit. Also, instead of the 1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar I'm sure you could easily substitute powdered sugar after the chocolate syrup is added and mixture is brought to a simmer until it is the desired consistency to make a frosting if you like.
NotesThis recipe came about out of my dire need to make something out of peanut butter. I didn't want to make cookies nor did I want to make candy. So I made up some cake batter and thought I might make some kind of swirl cake then decided against that out of fear that my cake might not turn out right.