- Cooking Time: about 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs Water
- 2 Tbs dark chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Quinoa Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 container (16 oz) Chocolate or Fudge Frosting, optional or your home made frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine the Dry ingredients in a lidded container. Shake to thoroughly mix. (This can be prepared and stored for future use with mixing and baking instructions.)
- 3. Pour the Dry Ingredients in to a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, melted butter, sour cream and chocolate syrup. Mix to combine, gradually adding water. Mix at a medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- 4. Spoon into a muffin tin lined with paper cup cake liners.
- 5. Evenly distribute the peanut butter chips over the cupcakes. Lightly press them in with a fork or spatula.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7. Let cool.
- 8. Frost by piping the frosting from a bag, if frosting desired.
- Yield: 12 delicious nutritious muffins
- Nutrition Facts (W/O frosting)
- Serving size: 1/12 of a recipe (2.6 ounces).
- Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 256.02
- Total Fat 10.4g
- Saturated Fat 4.99g
- Cholesterol 47.53mg
- Sodium 214.73mg
- Potassium 72.33mg
- Total Carbohydrates 39.79g
- Fiber 2.74g
- Sugar 25.84g
- Protein 3.68g
NotesHaven't had a good chocolate cupcake in over 3 years. The recipe originally came from Bob’s Red Mill. I made a a couple of changes. These are not only very good, they are nutritious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More