- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 oz. melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4. cup Nestle peanut butter swirl chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. Kathleen's peanut butter frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold chips into peanut butter frosting and set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Beat in egg, chocolate, and vanilla.
- Blend in salt and flour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place at least 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press a large thumbprint into each cookie and fill with a tsp. of peanut butter mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
NotesThe first time I made Ina Garten's friend Kathleen's peanut butter frosting I was obsessed. I make it often now, but I always have lots left over! This recipe was created as a way to use up some of the remaining frosting, 'cause it's way too good to go to waste!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More