- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 oz. melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4. cup Nestle peanut butter swirl chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. Kathleen's peanut butter frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold chips into peanut butter frosting and set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Beat in egg, chocolate, and vanilla.
- Blend in salt and flour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place at least 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press a large thumbprint into each cookie and fill with a tsp. of peanut butter mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
NotesThe first time I made Ina Garten's friend Kathleen's peanut butter frosting I was obsessed. I make it often now, but I always have lots left over! This recipe was created as a way to use up some of the remaining frosting, 'cause it's way too good to go to waste!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More