CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER THUMBPRINTS
- Cooking Time: 6 to 8
- Servings: 30
- 1-2/3 cups (10 oz pkg) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa or Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Additional sugar
- Hershey Mini Kisses Brand Milk Chocolate
Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter chips; cool.
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed of mixture until fluffy.
Beat in melted peanut butter chips.
Stir in flour, cocoa and baking soda into peanut butter mixture until well blended.
Shape dough by level tablespoon into balls; roll in granulated sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass.
Press thumb in center to make an indentation.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes or just until set.
Remove from oven.
If necessary, using tip of spoon, press indentation in center of each cookie; immediately place 1 teaspoonful peanut butter chips in each indentation.
Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are softened; spread.
Garnish each with 3 chocolates; remove from cookie sheet.