- Cooking Time:
- Servings: About 20
- Preparation Time:
- For about 20 truffles
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- dash of salt
- candy sprinkles, chopped nuts, powdered sugar for decoration
- Stove top
- Heat mixture in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into medium bowl, use a spatula to get all the chocolate from the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 90 minutes or until chocolate mixture is firm.
- Shape heaping teaspoonful of chocolate into balls (a small scoop also works if sprayed with cooking spray)
- Gently roll each ball into choice of decorations.
- Place truffles on a cookie sheet and refrigerate at least one hour or until firm.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover truffles.
- Pull all ingredients except decorations in microwavable bowl and cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on 50% power 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate has softened and mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Adjust time depending on your microwave.
- Refrigerate mixture and finish as directed above.
NotesGreat truffle recipe for kids to make or help with. Used these for school or work treats. Fast and super easy. Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter!
I buy the mini muffin papers at the craft or grocery store and put a truffle in each paper. They can tend to melt if its too hot outside, in which case I try to keep these cold until service.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More