- Cooking Time:
- Servings: About 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGreat truffle recipe for kids to make or help with. Used these for school or work treats. Fast and super easy. Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter!
I buy the mini muffin papers at the craft or grocery store and put a truffle in each paper. They can tend to melt if its too hot outside, in which case I try to keep these cold until service.
- For about 20 truffles
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- dash of salt
- candy sprinkles, chopped nuts, powdered sugar for decoration
- Stove top
- Heat mixture in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into medium bowl, use a spatula to get all the chocolate from the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 90 minutes or until chocolate mixture is firm.
- Shape heaping teaspoonful of chocolate into balls (a small scoop also works if sprayed with cooking spray)
- Gently roll each ball into choice of decorations.
- Place truffles on a cookie sheet and refrigerate at least one hour or until firm.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftover truffles.
- Pull all ingredients except decorations in microwavable bowl and cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on 50% power 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate has softened and mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Adjust time depending on your microwave.
- Refrigerate mixture and finish as directed above.